Because I got so many questions about how to turn on the How To Fix RGB Fusion Not Working in 2023, so I wrote this article to explain the basics.
RGB Fusion is a great tool for changing the way your lights look, but it can stop working at some point. Different things, like out-of-date drivers or bad configuration, can cause the problem. Don’t worry if RGB fusion doesn’t work on your PC. There are many ways to fix it.
- With RGB Fusion software, you can change the way your PC looks by controlling the RGB lighting effects of a number of peripherals that are connected to it.
- There can be problems with the software, and RGB Fusion can go wrong. This can happen in a number of ways, such as when the software crashes, the lighting effects don’t work, or you’re stuck on a certain color.
- Fixing the problem can be done in a number of ways, from the simple, like reinstalling software or updating drivers, to the more complicated, like going into the BIOS or resetting the CMOS.
Potential Issues With RGB Fusion
Before we talk about how to fix RGB Fusion, let’s take a look at some of the most common problems that people have with it.
Not Working On Startup
One of the most common problems people have with RGB Fusion is that it doesn’t work. This problem could be caused by a number of things, such as a bug in the software, a problem with how it works with other software, or a problem with the hardware.
Not Working As Expected
People often have trouble with RGB Fusion because the lighting effects don’t work the way they should. One common problem would be getting stuck on one color or the yellow and blue colors that come by default instead of cycling through all of them.
This problem could be caused by a problem with the hardware, a problem with how the software is set up, or a problem with the RGB lighting itself.
Do check our latest post on the What Is SLI
Not Working With GPU
Your graphics card can cause RGB Fusion to stop working right. This can show up in different ways, like the GPU’s lighting effects not changing or being stuck on a single color, or RGB Fusion not recognizing the GPU at all.
There are several things that could lead to this problem. It could be because RGB Fusion and the GPU don’t work well together, the drivers are out of date, or the settings are wrong.
Not all graphics cards work with RGB Fusion, so it’s important to check the GIGABYTE website to make sure that your GPU is supported.
Not Working With RAM
Users might find that RGB Fusion doesn’t work with their RAM sticks. This can show up in the same ways as the GPU problem, like the lighting effects on the RAM not changing or being stuck on a single color, or RGB Fusion not recognizing the RAM at all.
This problem can happen for a number of reasons, such as when RGB Fusion and the RAM don’t work well together, when the RAM slots are set up wrong, or when the BIOS version on the motherboard is too old.
If you’re having trouble getting RGB Fusion to work with your RAM, check the configuration of the RAM slots to make sure the RAM sticks are in the right places.
If the RAM isn’t put in right, RGB Fusion might not work. Check the GIGABYTE website, just like you did with the GPU, to make sure that your RAM will work.
Follow our guide to Motherboard Failure
RGB Fusion Crashing
Users may also experience problems with the software, such as RGB Fusion crashing or the PC being unresponsive.
How to Resolve the Problem of RGB Fusion Not Working perfectly
Now that we’ve looked at some of the problems that RGB Fusion users might run into, let’s look at some of the ways to fix these problems.
Reinstall RGB Fusion
The first thing you should try if RGB Fusion won’t open or keeps crashing is to reinstall it. Follow these steps to do this:
- Choose Programs and Features from the Control Panel.
- Find RGB Fusion in the list of programs you have installed, right-click on it, and choose “Uninstall.”
- After removing the software, go to the GIGABYTE website and download the most recent version of RGB Fusion.
- Install the program, and then turn your computer back on.
Also, check out our separate post on Will a Motherboard POST Without a CPU
If RGB Fusion stopped working, it might be because the drivers for it were out of date. Follow these steps to get your drivers up to date:
- Go to Device Manager and expand the category of the device that RGB Fusion can’t find.
- Select Update driver when you right-click on the device.
- Select Automatically look for driver software updates.
- Just do what it says to do to update the driver.
Check Hardware Connections
If RGB Fusion doesn’t find devices or the lighting doesn’t work right, it could be because you didn’t connect the peripherals like RAM, GPU, and fans correctly. Check all the connections and make sure everything is plugged in securely.
Disable Other RGB Software
Problems could be caused by the fact that you are also using other software to control RGB along with RGB Fusion. It’s possible that software conflicts like these are keeping RGB Fusion from working with iCUE and Aura Sync on the same computer.
On the most recent versions of Windows (10 and 11), here’s how to get rid of these programs:
- Click on the Settings button on the taskbar. If you don’t see one, just type it into Windows Search and choose the top result.
- If you click on the Apps button, you’ll go to a different part of Windows Settings.
- Choose Installed Apps from the menu. Your PC will show you a list of all the programs it has.
- Type in iCUE, Aura Sync, or any other RGB software you have on your computer, or search for it by hand.
- If you click on the three dots, a menu will pop up with more options.
- Click the Uninstall button and then follow the instructions on the screen to get rid of the software.
Follow our guide to How To Diagnose a Bad Motherboard
Disable Or Uninstall Anti-Cheat Software
If RGB Fusion doesn’t work for you, try turning off any anti-cheat software on your system. This problem can be caused by this kind of software. To test this, either turn off programs like Riot Vanguard from the System Tray or uninstall them to see if that fixes the problem.
But you need this software to play games like Valorant, so if you want to play, you will need to turn it on or reinstall it at a later time. Follow these steps to get rid of Vanguard:
- Click on Settings in the taskbar.
- Tap the “Apps” button.
- Choose Installed Apps from the menu.
- Riot Vanguard must be found.
- Click on the three dots to open a menu, then choose “Uninstall” from the menu.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to finish uninstalling.
Fix For G.SKILL RGB RAM
If your RAM doesn’t work with RGB Fusion, it won’t be found. Even well-known brands like the G.SKILL Trident Z series don’t work.
Check out our expert-recommended Test Motherboard
You’ll need to pair them with the Trident Z Lighting Control app instead. But the Trident Z Lighting Control app crashes when using RGB Fusion, which can affect how well it works. Follow these steps to fix it:
- Delete the Spddupm and SPD Dump files from the folder C:Program Files (x86)GigabyteRGB Fusion or wherever you installed RGB Fusion.
- Install the newest version of the Trident Z Lighting Control app to get the RGB lighting on your RAM to work together.
The CMOS chip on the motherboard stores a lot of different data and settings, such as the boot order, overclocking, and RGB profiles.
If you reset the CMOS, the BIOS settings will go back to how they were before. On high-end motherboards, you can clear the CMOS by taking out the CMOS battery or pressing the CMOS button.
Go through our epic guide on How to Choose a Motherboard
If your motherboard doesn’t have a CMOS button, you can reset the CMOS by doing the following:
- Turn off the computer and pull the plug.
- For safety, turn off the Power Supply.
- Take off the panel on the side of the computer’s case.
- Find the silver battery that looks like a coin on your motherboard.
- Pull the clip on the side of the battery to take it out.
- After 10 minutes, put the battery back where it belongs.
- To clear the CMOS, turn on the computer.
Possible problems could be caused in part by devices that don’t work well with the motherboard. Make sure your motherboard and other devices work with the latest version of RGB Fusion by checking the GIGABYTE website.
Adjust RGB Settings
If the lighting effects don’t work right, try changing the RGB settings in the RGB Fusion software. Try out different color combinations and ways of lighting to see if that fixes the problem.
Do check our latest post on the How To Pick a Motherboard
Check For Firmware Updates
If RGB Fusion isn’t working right, it could be because your motherboard or other devices have old firmware. Check the GIGABYTE website for firmware updates and follow the steps to update your firmware.
Check For Software Updates
Lastly, if RGB Fusion isn’t working right, make sure you have the most recent version of the software. Check the GIGABYTE website for updates to your software, and then follow the instructions to update it.
Here is the video about Fix RGB Fusion Not Working
In conclusion, if you’re experiencing issues with RGB Fusion not working, there are several steps you can take to troubleshoot the problem.
It’s important to make sure you have the latest version of the software, verify hardware compatibility, reinstall the software, disable antivirus software, check system requirements, clear CMOS, and contact Gigabyte support if necessary.
Go through our epic guide on VGA light on Motherboard
By following these steps, you should be able to get RGB Fusion up and running on your computer.
FAQs About Fix RGB Fusion Not Working
Do I need App Center for RGB Fusion?
For RGB Fusion to work, the iOS device and the PC need to be linked. Help and Support: Make sure to download the GIGABYTE “AppCenter” to your RGB Fusion Ready PC to make sure it works right.
Does RGB Fusion work with any motherboard?
Helps motherboards from the Z390, Z370, X299, X470, and X399 series.
What is RGB Fusion BIOS?
Users can use RGB Fusion to control their PC’s built-in and external LED light strips. RGB Fusion on AORUS Motherboards already has a lot of colors and patterns, and now Digital LED support has been added.
What app controls all RGB?
With SignalRGB macros, you can do a number of things to customize your gaming experience. For example, you can have certain effects start up automatically when you start a game. SignalRGB lets you control your RGB devices, your way.
Is RGB necessary for gaming?
The main point. No matter what kind of gamer you are, RGB lights can make your games more fun and realistic. So, if you want to step up your gaming setup, RGB lights are a great way to do so.