Because I got so many questions about how to turn on the How To Use Discord On PS4 Without PC in 2023, so I wrote this article to explain the basics. Discord was originally made for gamers, so it makes sense that you can use it on your PlayStation 4.
Even though gamers are still the main people who use the platform, people from other groups are now starting to use it as well.
With update 7.0, Discord is now built into the PS5, so you’re here to find out if it’s also on the PS4. Well, let’s get into it! A beta version of Discord was put out by PlayStation and could be downloaded on your PlayStation 4.
This meant that you could use Discord from more than just your laptop and phone—you could use it on your PS4 and control it with your PS4 controller.
Since the beta is over, everyone can now use the site. But it’s not quite as easy to get to as the PS5. You can connect your PS4 to Discord and see the status of the PlayStation Network there, but you can’t move voice chat from Discord to the PS4.
This only works on the PS5. Since that’s the case, we’ll show you how to get Discord on PS4 the right way below. Then what you can do with sound.
Installing Discord on PS4
Link your Discord account
After you have finished installing Discord on your PS4, navigate to the Settings menu, then select “Users and Accounts,” and after that, select “Linked Services.”
This is the section of the website where you may connect your Discord and PlayStation accounts together. At this stage, look for the option to use Discord, and then pick it.
Link via QR code or browser
After you confirm that you want to link the accounts, you will have two choices: Use a QR code or your browser to link.
The fastest way is to use a QR code, but you can also use your browser. Choose one of these and confirm your login to Discord. All done!
Installing Discord On Your PS4 (alternative)
The Party Chat platform from PlayStation is similar to Discord, but it lacks some of the key features that make Discord so popular.
Now the setup starts to get a little tricky. To finish this step, you will need some extra hardware, like a MixAmp and a ground loop noise isolator. Here are the steps you need to take to connect your PS4 to your Discord server so that you can send and receive audio.
Connecting Your Discord Account To PS4
Sony and Discord have decided to make it possible to use Discord on PS4, but it only has a few features right now. The early version is only available in certain areas and has basic features like linking your Discord account to your PS4 and showing your gaming activity, such as the game you are currently playing. You might also want to learn how to lower the temperature of your CPU.
Users can’t talk to each other or stream their games in the current version. Here’s how to connect your PS4 to your Discord, though, if you want to.
- You can get the Discord app and install it on your phone.
- Start the Discord app and go to User Settings.
- Scroll down to Connections in the Settings menu and tap it.
- When you tap connections, you will see a list of icons, one of which is a PS icon.
- When you tap the PS icon, you’ll go straight to the PS login window.
- Enter your username and password to access your PSN account.
- Now, your PSN account is linked to your Discord account.
- You will now see two options: “Show on Profile” and “Show PlayStation Network as your status.”
- Once you turn on both of these options, your game activity will be shown on your profile and to your friends and the community.
- For this to work, make sure that “PSN Online Status” and “Now Playing” are both set to “Anyone” in the PSN Privacy Settings.
Note: Your PSN account has been linked to Discord, but you can’t talk to anyone. Your friends and the community will only be able to see your game progress.
How To Use Discord On PS4 Without a PC
Users have found ways to use the chat feature on Discord on PS4, but most of them require a PC and some extra hardware like MixAmp. You can still talk to your friends on Discord by splitting your audio between your PC and PS4. This lets you handle both the game audio and the Discord chat at the same time.
In the next few paragraphs, we will talk about how to use the chat feature of Discord on PS4 without a PC.
Use A Dummy Account
You would need a fake PSN account and a cell phone for this.
- First, you need to make a fake account on your PS4 by selecting New User on the user select screen.
- Select Create a user and agree to the user agreement to move forward.
- Enter the required information in the next window to make a new user account.
- You now need to make this account your main one.
- Go to your PS4’s settings and click Account Management.
- Select “Activate as Your Primary PS4” and “Activate” to make this your main account.
- Once this is done, you need to download PS remote Play to your phone and set it up.
- Once the app for remote play is on your phone, you can open it and sign in with the fake account you just made.
- This will let you talk to your Discord friends while playing games on your main account on the console.
- Now, open the remote play app on your phone, go to Settings (top right corner), and choose Video Quality for Remote Play.
- Set the video parameters to the lowest settings in the new window to use less bandwidth and keep the audio from being late.
- Now, hook up your headset or hands-free device to your phone.
- Open the Discord app on your phone and join the call or voice channel you want to join.
- You also need to turn on Remote Play from the console. Go to Settings and choose Remote Play Connection Settings.
- In the next window that comes up, click the “Enable Remote Play” button.
- To connect to your PS4 console, go back to the remote play app and tap the button.
- Once the Remote Play is hooked up, you will be able to hear the game sounds through your headset.
- Now you can use your main account to play games and talk to your friends over Discord at the same time.
Use The PS4 Web Browser
Using the PS4’s built-in web browser is another way to use Discord without a PC. So that as to:
- On the home screen of your console, scroll all the way to the right to open the Library.
- When you’re in the Library, go to Applications, click on it, and look for the Internet Browser option.
- You can also look for the Internet Browser using the Search bar in the Applications menu.
- Now, type “Discord.com” into the URL bar and press R2 to go to the website.
- The homepage for Discord will open, and this is where you need to sign in to your account.
- Press R3 to make the screen bigger.
- Here, you can read about what’s going on and see what other members have written. You can also send messages by typing in the field and then pressing the Enter button on the PS4’s onscreen keyboard.
Note: Using this method, you can only read and send text messages, not make voice calls.
Connecting Audio To Discord On PS4
Switch your MixAmp to console mode. Connect the ground loop noise isolator to the device’s aux port and plug in the aux cable.
Now connect your USB cable to your PlayStation 4. Use the 3.5 mm cable to connect your headphones to the MixAmp.
If you haven’t already, turn on your PS4 and go to the settings menu. Go to Devices, and then click on Audio Devices.
Under “Input Device,” look for your headset and click on it. Now, under Output Device, choose TV or AV Amplifier.
Go back to the settings menu and look for Screen and Sound. Set your Primary Output to Digital Out in the Audio Output settings (Optical).
You can now use Discord to stream your voice while playing a game on your PS4.
Dual Audio Setup
Now you know how to connect your game console’s sound to Discord. But this can be a little annoying because you can only hear your own voice stream.
If you want to listen to both the voice stream and your game, you need to connect your MixAmp to your computer for a dual audio system. Here are the steps to take.
Connect the MixAmp to the computer with a USB cable and set the MixAmp to computer mode.To connect the MixAmp to the computer’s speakers, use a 3.5 mm male-to-male cable.
Go to Discord and click on the cog icon in the bottom left corner of the screen to open your User Settings.Find Settings, then Voice and Video, and set your MixAmp as the Input Device. Select your PC speakers as the Output Device.
You can now use the audio wheel on your MixAmp to change how loud the game and your Discord voice stream are.
How Do I Use Discord On PS4 Without A Microphone?
Even though you don’t need a microphone to use Discord on your PS4, some features, like voice chat and video playback, are not yet available on the console version of the app.
If you try to use these features without a microphone, the site will ask you to connect. On PS4, Discord works best with headsets that have microphones built in.
How Do I Use Discord On PS4 Without A Camera?
You can use Discord on your PS4 even if you don’t have a camera, but you won’t be able to use some features, like watching videos.
If you try to use this feature without a camera, you will be asked to link up. The best way to use Discord on PS4 is with a headset that has a camera built in.
How Do I Use Discord On PS4 If I Don’t Have A PlayStation Plus Subscription?
Even while it is possible to use Discord on a PS4 that does not have a subscription to PlayStation Plus, the console version of the application does not presently support certain functionality, including voice chat and the viewing of videos.
If you do not have a PlayStation Plus subscription but you want to access these capabilities, you will be needed to purchase a subscription.
Here is the video about Use Discord On PS4 Without PC
Although it was initially developed for PC users, there are ways to utilize Discord on a PS4 without the need for a PC. Discord is a fantastic piece of software that allows players to communicate with one another.
This article provided an overview of those techniques and assisted you in getting started with Discord on your PlayStation 4 console.
FAQs About How To Use Discord On PS4 Without PC
Can I use Discord on my PS4 without a PC?
Yes, you can use Discord on your PS4 if you use it through the PS4 Internet Browser or make a fake PSN ID.
Why am I facing latency in audio while using Remote Play?
If your internet connection is slow or your bandwidth is limited, you might experience latency in audio. This can be fixed by lowering the video quality settings in the PS Remote Play settings.
Can you use Discord while on PS4?
You cannot install Discord on your console just yet. But thanks to a partnership between Sony and Discord, Discord is now officially built into PS5. Users of the PS4 still have to do a lot of extra work to get voice chat to work on their console.
Do you need PS Plus to use Discord on PS4?
Do I need to join Playstation®Plus? No, you don’t need a PlayStation Plus membership to use this feature. What PlayStation consoles can I use to share my gaming on Discord? By following the steps above, you can share your PSN presence and game play on PS5TM and PS4TM consoles through Discord.
Is there a browser for PS4?
Yes, users can play videos from different websites on the PS4 web browser. One can open YouTube.com and other sites with videos and play them from the browser. You can go full-screen by pressing the “Square” button.