Everything you need to know about Amazon Prime Day 2023, from its date and length to the kinds of deals you can expect to find and more. During the year’s largest sales, you can save money on furniture, home decor, and many other items.
When is Prime Day 2023?
Although the exact date of Amazon Prime Day, 11&12 July 2023, has been revealed, it is usually held between early and mid-July to coincide with the company’s birthday on July 12. Except for Prime Day 2020, which occurred in October, Prime Day is always observed in the summer and typically runs from Tuesday through Thursday.
Here are some past dates for Prime Day that you may use as a guide:
- Prime Day 2015: July 15
- Prime Day 2016: July 12
- Prime Day 2017: July 11 to 12 (first to last longer than one day)
- Prime Day 2018: July 16 to 17
- Prime Day 2019: July 15 to 16
- Prime Day 2020: Oct. 13 to 14 (delayed by the COVID-19 pandemic)
- Prime Day 2021: June 21 to 22 (the earliest to date)
- Prime Day 2022: July 12 to 13
- Prime Early Access Sale 2022: Oct. 11 to 12
Since we’re nearly halfway through the month of June, it seems less likely that Amazon will hold the event this month. To what extent Amazon will launch the holiday shopping season with another Prime Early Access Sale this fall is also unknown.
What is Amazon Prime Day?
Prime members can access thousands of exclusive offers during the two-day Amazon Prime Day event. Amazon is using the 48-hour event to offer members exclusive discounts. There will be Amazon exclusive items and promotions, and some of the price cuts will be as good as, or better than, Black Friday prices.
The online shop frequently runs sales on its Kindle subscriptions, streaming channels, and more, in addition to regular goods discounts. After the formal Prime Day event in the summer of 2017, the company held a second ‘Prime Early Access sale to preview Black Friday offers.
Although Prime members will receive the most benefits from the sale, all customers will be eligible for discounts. Also, non-participants. Prime members receive free two-day delivery and other benefits, such as discounts at Whole Foods, and anybody can sign up for a free 30-day trial of Prime to take advantage of all of the deals on Prime Day.
A Prime subscription costs $14.99 per month or $139 per year if you can’t obtain the free trial. The price increased last year from $12.99 per month to $119 per year.
Amazon Prime subscription options:
- 1-month plan – $0 per month ($0 total cost)
- US: Amazon Prime free 30-day trial
- UK: Amazon Prime free 30-day trial
Amazon Prime PROs and CONs
So what exactly do you get for your money?
Free delivery: Prime Now can get you selected things in two hours or less, and there is also the well-known next-day delivery in the UK and two-day shipping in the US.
Free Kindle books: If you have a Kindle and are an Amazon Prime member, you may borrow books from the Amazon Kindle Lending Library and get a free monthly ebook through the Kindle First program.
Instant Video with Amazon Prime: You will also be able to watch hundreds of movies and TV episodes on Amazon Prime Video, including fan favorites like The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Wheel of Time, and The Summer I Turned Pretty.
What was the Prime Early Access Sale?
There was an unofficial “Amazon Prime Day 2.0” with the Prime Early Access deal. Between October 11 and 12, the store held a massive sale that gave customers early access to hundreds of Black Friday discounts. Amazon items were prominently displayed with other cutting-edge electronic gadgets such as televisions, computers, air fryers, and headphones.
The Prime Early Access sale, like the regular Amazon Prime Day (which took place in the middle of July), was restricted to subscribers of the online retailer’s premium membership program, Prime. It is unknown now if a sale of this nature will occur in 2023, but we will provide updates as they become available.
What is on sale on Amazon Prime Day?
On Prime Day, Amazon provides discounts so that you can find almost everything at a reduced price. If you’ve been admiring the Le Creuset Dutch oven or pair of Apple AirPods for a while, now is the time to indulge because of the deep discounts available.
Everyday necessities like paper towels, laundry detergent, and hand soap will also be on sale, making this a wonderful opportunity to restock your kitchen pantry or bathroom medicine cabinet. Swimwear, garden furniture, barbecues, and sandals are seasonal things that often go on sale.
Prime Day is a perfect opportunity to stock up on essentials for college, the dorm, or school because, in recent years, Amazon has given special back-to-school deals.
The Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask, which is rarely discounted, was a top seller last year. The Apple Watch Series 7, Levi’s trousers, and the Le Creuset cookware were all big sales on Prime Day.
Best Prime Day 2023 Deals
When Amazon’s Prime Day 2023 sales become available, we’ll be here to compile a list of them. Although it is difficult to foretell these, we may gain insight by revisiting some of the best deals from Prime Day 2022 and the Prime Early Access Sale.
Some of the best bargains from last year’s festivities are as follows:
- Amazon Echo Dot (3rd gen): $18 (save $22)
- Amazon Fire 7 tablet: $45 (save $15)
- Apple Watch Series 8: $349 (save $50)
- Google Pixel 6A: $329 (save $120)
- Apple AirPods 2: $90 (save $69)
- Chamberlain MyQ Smart Garage Door Opener: $17 (save $13)
- LG 65-inch C2 Series OLED Evo 4K Smart TV: $1,797 (save $200)
- Instant Dual Pod Plus coffee maker: $160 (save $70)
In addition to these items, there were numerous well-liked bargains in technology and home decor, health and fitness, fashion and beauty, toys, and more. We expect Prime Day 2023 to have the lowest prices on a wide selection of Amazon’s brand technology, with other notable bargains from third-party brands also sure to prove popular.
How Can I Prepare for Prime Day Shopping?
In conclusion, the following easy measures will help you get the most out of Amazon Prime Day.
- Step 1: You should join Amazon Prime. It’s easy to do. It’s also worth noting that the Prime Day free trial period is still active.
- Step 2: Get the Amazon app to see the offers in advance and keep tabs on them.
- Step 3: Make sure you’re well-prepared by reading the Prime Day Insider Guide. This guide will fill you in on everything from when to show up to what kind of deals you can expect (including information on upcoming product launches).
- Step 4: Go out and spend some money. Also, write a list and buy in bulk to save money. Remember that a deal is only fantastic if you plan to buy it. Otherwise, you’ll be throwing away cash for nothing.
Meanwhile, sign up for an Amazon Prime account and watch the Prime Day landing page for more information on the massive discount. During the sale, please keep this page bookmarked for quick reference. Despite this year’s strangeness, we anticipate 2021 to be the best Amazon Prime Day ever.
Will there be a second Amazon Prime Day event this year?
Since Amazon has not announced its summer Prime Day promotion, we don’t know if they are planning a similar event in the fall.
Even though the 2018 Prime Early Access Sale didn’t generate as much buzz as the typical Prime Day, Amazon may decide to do another one in 2023 if it finds the event successful.
Black Friday sales typically begin in November so an October event would give Amazon a leg up on the competition.
Do you need to be a Prime member to shop for the Prime Day sale?
A Prime member must take advantage of the Prime-only discounts on Amazon Prime Day. However, as long as the event occurs during your Prime free trial time, you do not need to be a paying subscriber.
Start your free trial before the event to take advantage of the savings. Check out our primer on saving money on Prime Day without signing up for Prime to learn more.
Amazon’s Prime membership fees increased last year. The price has increased to $15/month ($139/year).
Be sure to check out our many other buying guides, including:
- Best CPU for RTX 2080
- Best CPUs for Gaming
- Best AM4 CPU
- Ryzen CPU with integrated graphics
- Best CPU with Integrated Graphics
- Best CPU Under $100
- best CPU under 200
- Best CPU under $300
- Best CPUs Under $400
- Best Gaming RAM
- Best RAM for Ryzen 9 3900X
- Best RAM for Ryzen 7 5800X
- Best GPU for i7 10700K
- Best Graphics Cards for 1080p 144hz
- Best Graphics Cards for Ryzen 9 5950X
- Best GPU for Ryzen 7 3700X
- Best Graphics Cards for Ryzen 9 5900x
- Best Graphics Cards for Ryzen 7 5800x
- Best Graphics Card under $300